Over the past few years, I have worked on a few projects that require internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) configuration files. The best way I have found is to use the domain key approach. This allows for fine-tuned control in your translations to each “page” or domain.
Angular’s built-in routing works wonders. you can do so by either registering the route with the hash in the URL or you can states ( html5Mode set to true ). This will leverage html5’s push state to route URLs. Unfortunately, this will cause some issues when attempting to refresh the browser.
While playing with the raspberry pi camera I found it hard to know if the camera was working or trying to tweak settings. I was using raspivid -f to preview the video. This was limited with being open for 5 seconds ( can be adjusted using the -t flag and passing it seconds in milliseconds ). The solution was to open a streaming video from the raspberry pi and view it on my host ( mac ).
Mounting the raspberry pi home directory to avoid the push / pull game with git can become painful. It’s relatively straight forward to get shared folders using the appletalk protocol
When working on projects for the raspberry pi, it’s sometimes needed to have the screen be rotated, we need to go and modify the boot config of the raspberry pi.
A while ago I picked up a Davinci XYZ 1.0A 3D printer. I mostly bought this for three reasons:
- Ease of use as I was just getting into 3d printing and wanted something that would be a good step to start printing what I wanted. This is done w/ filament cartridges that know what type of material it is and configures the printer accordingly.
- 7.8″ cubed print bed, this was the larger printer volume on the market for the price.
After a few mediocre prints, I found out what some of the complaints were about. First is the EPROM chip in the filament cartridges. This seems like a bonus at first, but after you realize the cost per kg of the filament, you realize the price is obnoxious. You are forced into using their proprietary filament which is limited and expensive. There are ways around this like an EPROM resetter using an arduino.
Connecting to Raspberry pi 2, 3 and zero to a RFID sensor, This summarizes my experiences using the tutorial found on Sunfounder.